Carrera 2.7 – The soul of the legendary Carrera 2.7 RS lives on within the Carrera 2.7 MFI
Serious automotive enthusiasts consider Porsche’s Carrera 2.7 RS to be the archetypical 911...and deservedly so. The cars are light, responsive, purposeful and the type 911/83 engine delivers scintillating performance. Over the last 40 years the 2.7 RS has been covered in dozens of books and articles. Yet its successor – a car with the identical engine and similar DNA – remains either unknown or misunderstood even by long-time Porsche enthusiasts. That car is the Carrera 2.7 MFI. This book tells the complete story of these remarkable, unheralded sports cars.
The Carrera 2.7
book has been meticulously researched using the Porsche factory archives, private collections, period documentation and intensive study. The book attempts to cover everything an owner, restorer, historian or enthusiast would want to know about this intriguing 911 variant. Content includes comprehensive discussion of original options, photos of key details, insights into factory production, competition history and a considerable amount of material never before published. Although primarily focused on the top-of- the-line mechanically-fuel injected Carrera 2.7, this book will also prove valuable to enthusiasts of any of the Porsche 911 and 930 Turbo models produced during the mid-1970s.
- Hundreds of never before published photos and source material
- Detailed coverage of all the special models and one-offs produced
- Coverage of 1970s privateer racing along with homologation documents
- Detailed info, photographs, and assembly line logs necessary for restorations
– 2,500 numbered hardcover copies, blue cover, protective slipcase featuring mid-1970s Porsche colors and unique Carrera 2.7 artwork.
- Author: Ryan Snodgrass
- Format: 26.0 × 29.9 cm
- Pages: 406
- Pictures: 686 color and 146 black-and-white photos, over 530 never before published
- Outfit: Linen clothbound hardcover with slipcase
- Language: English